Our Prorities 2016/2017
- To seek out development and funding opportunities to increase our stock whilst meeting the requirements of the Local Housing Strategy and contributing to the regeneration of Clydebank.
- Mitigating current risks to CHA, its tenants and other customers in relation to fuel poverty, welfare reform, digital inclusion agenda, tenancy sustainment, etc. through provision of support and advice, signposting and regeneration activities.
- Ensuring SHR governance compliance as well as meeting the requirements of the SSHC including continued customer engagement (formation of a tenants’ panel and focus groups, increase numbers on consultation register as well as increasing numbers of registered tenants and residents associations) and performance reporting.
- Exploring opportunities to address low demand at multi-storey flats including provision of flexible housing options which meet the changing needs of older people and which may prevent or delay a move to a care home and/or reduce hospital admissions.
- Protecting cash flows by closely monitoring effects of increasing costs in relation to pensions including auto-enrolment, NI, new energy efficiency standards, arrears and bad debts, etc. and ensuring value for money from our Major Repairs Programme.
- To identify estate management solutions and work with WDC, other RSL’s and agencies to ensure our estates and properties remain desirable.
- Development and adoption of a CHA Value for Money Strategy, a formal Asset Management Strategy and IT Strategy