Key Focus and Priorities 2018/19
After a full Management Committee and Staff review of our Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, our business objectives and mission statement, the following key focus and priorities for the organisation in 2018/19 were agreed: -
1) To seek out development and funding opportunities to increase our stock whilst meeting the requirements of the Local Housing Strategy and contributing to the regeneration of Clydebank.
2) Mitigating current risks to CHA, its tenants and other customers in relation to fuel poverty, digital and social inclusion agendas, etc. as well as taking cognisance of our environmental impact, through provision of support and advice, signposting and delivery of our regeneration activities and funded projects.
3) Mitigate current risks to CHA and its tenants in relation to welfare reform to ensure tenancies are sustained through provision of support and advice.
4) Ensuring SHR governance compliance as well as meeting the requirements of the SSHC including continued customer engagement (via tenants’ panel and focus groups, increase numbers on consultation register as well as increasing numbers of registered tenants and residents associations) and performance reporting.
5) Exploring opportunities to address low demand at multi-storey flats including provision of flexible housing options which meet the changing needs of older people and which may prevent or delay a move to a care home and/or reduce hospital admissions.
6) Protecting cash flows by exploring new investment opportunities and closely monitoring effects of increasing costs in relation to pensions including auto-enrolment, NI, new energy efficiency standards, arrears and bad debts, etc. and ensuring value for money from our Major Repairs Programme through appropriate procurement practices.
7) To identify estate management solutions and work with WDC, other RSL’s and agencies to ensure our estates and properties remain desirable.
8) To take all appropriate steps including adopting new working practices, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with new General Data Protection Regulations.
9) Participate in Investors in People assessment and maintain standard.
10) Assessment and promotion of Centre81 and its activities to ensure long-term viability and sustainability.