Problems with Paying your Rent

If you get into difficulties with your rent, contact your Housing Assistant as soon as possible.  We may be able to help you to sort out the problem by:

  • changing monthly payments to fit in with your salary cycle e.g. weekly
  • coming to an arrangement which allows you to pay off arrears in instalments
  • giving advice on whether you may qualify for Housing Benefit

All discussions with you are confidential.  If the circumstances of a case have to be discussed at the Housing Management Sub-Committee, the names and addresses of the tenants are not revealed.

If a genuine problem exists, we can usually work out a realistic arrangement for repayment of the arrears taking all your circumstances into account.

However, if we make an arrangement with you it is important that you stick to it.


We can now offer a free and independent Welfare Rights Service to our tenants, owners and sharing owners, in partnership with the Clydebank Independent Resource Centre (CIRC).

The service is available between 10.00am and 1.00pm every Thursday of the month (but the last) at our office, 77-83 Kilbowie Road, and the last Thursday of the month at Centre81, Whitecrook, and residents are able to either pop in or contact the office in advance to make an appointment with us on 0141 941 1044, the Centre on 533 7070 or with the CIRC on 0141 951 4040.

Alternatively, you can also contact West Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau who have an office in Clydebank:

Clydebank Social Economy Centre
63 Kilbowie Road
Clydebank G81 1BL
Tel: 0141 435 7590
Fax: 0141 435 7591

We can also advise you of other organisations which may be able to help - please contact us.